CW3E AR Update: 10 November 2021 Outlook
November 10, 2021
Click here for a pdf of this information.
Multiple atmospheric rivers are forecast to bring moderate to strong AR conditions to the Pacific Northwest
- The first AR is forecast to make landfall over coastal Washington tomorrow, bringing AR 4 conditions to much of the Coast
- Current precipitation forecasts indicate that this first AR could bring more than 5 inches of precipitation to the Cascade, Olympic, and Coastal Mountains in Oregon and Washington
- A second AR is forecast to make landfall over the Olympic Peninsula during the weekend
- There is currently large model uncertainty pertaining to the timing, maximum intensity, and overall duration of the second AR, though several GEFS ensemble members are predicting AR 4 conditions for South-Coastal Washington
- In total, the Coastal, Olympic, and Cascade Mts. could receive >7 inches of precipitation during the next 7-days
Click images to see loops of GFS IVT & IWV forecasts
Valid 1200 UTC 10 November – 1200 UTC 20 November 2021
Summary provided by C. Hecht, C. Castellano, Shawn Roj, J. Kalansky, B. Kawzenuk and F. M. Ralph; 10 November 2021
To sign up for email alerts when CW3E post new AR updates click here.
*Outlook products are considered experimental