CW3E 2020 Annual Meeting
The annual meeting has been postponed until further notice, updates will be provided on this page when available.
Scripps Institution of Oceanography
8610 Kennel Way
La Jolla, CA
The Center for Western Weather and Water Extremes is hosting its annual meeting from Monday, April 6 through Wednesday, April 8 at the Scripps Seaside Forum in La Jolla, CA. This meeting will focus on research relevant to the goals and objectives of FIRO and the AR Program with a focus on engagement and collaboration amongst the many scientists involved with these programs. When registering please indicate the days you plan on attending and indicate the theme for a presentation or poster focused one or more of the themes listed below. All researchers (including postdocs and graduate students) that are part of the FIRO or the AR Program should plan to present an oral presentation or poster.
- Forecast-Informed Reservoir Operations
- Seasonal-to-subseasonal Forecasting
- AR Research and Applications
- Modeling Capabilities
- Climate Variability and Change
- Emerging Technologies
This meeting is by invitation only. If you are interested in participating and have not been formally invited, please contact Lillian Perry.
The recommended hotel for the meeting is the Hotel La Jolla. There are no blocks; instead the hotel has offered the Scripps corporate rate of $195 using the following link: https://secure3.hilton.com/en_US/qq/reservation/book.htm?execution=e1s1.
The rate also includes the following perks:
- Parking discounted to $27 (from $39)
- Complementary guest room Wi-Fi
- Use of 24-hour state of the art fitness center & heated swimming pool
- Complimentary shuttle service within a (3) mile radius, by appointment
- Complementary morning coffee & tea in the lobby until 10am, daily
- Complementary use of hotel beach cruiser bicycles
We are limited to 10 parking spaces per day at Scripps Forum. We exceed this all the time. If possible, please use hotel shuttles, alternate transportation, or street parking. An alternative is to park in NH parking lot (if using a proper UCSD parking decal) and take the bus down to Forum.
Agenda Coming Soon
For any questions please contact Rachel Weihs.